Thanks for checking out this episode of Art of the Sermon! Be sure to subscribe through Apple Podcasts, Google Play Music, or your favorite podcast app. If you enjoy this episode, leave a review on our podcast’s page in the iTunes store. This will help others discover the show!
Topic: Responding to Negative Feedback
Michael Bierut and negative feedback (0:09)
Michael's response (1:52)
Acknowledge that the feedback is heard (2:38)
Give a window into the intention (3:37)
Be realistic about next steps (4:29)
Offer positive reinforcement (5:17)
Create a space for unity (6:23)
Bonus tip: no one gets a full page (7:12)
Next Episode arrives November 15, 2018!
Connect with the Show
I would love to hear what you think about the show—especially this episode. You can connect with the show and send me your feedback through the following channels:
Facebook - Facebook.com/ArtOfTheSermon
Comment on the Show Notes post at ArtOfTheSermon.com
Art of the Sermon is a project by Dan Wunderlich of Defining Grace. Learn more at DefiningGrace.com
Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links in these show notes may be “affiliate links.” This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. Defining Grace is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program.
- Michael Bierut
- MasterCard Explains Its New Logo, Both What’s New and What Isn’t – Adweek
- I'm With Her: What I learned designing a logo for Hillary Clinton
- Big Ten Logo
- Negative Space: Logo Design with Michael Bierut - 99% Invisible
- 025: A Career in Preaching - Part 1 with Bishop Ken Carter - Art of the Sermon - Defining Grace
- 026: Preaching as a Tool for Unity - Part 2 with Bishop Ken Carter - Art of the Sermon - Defining Grace